- Take turns selecting truffles
- Fun card-drafting game
- Complete a variety of sets
- Players: 2-4
- Play Time: 15-30 mins
Truffle Shuffle, or as I’m sure some are calling it – Chocolate poker – is a cute card drafting and set collection game.
(Be warned, you’re likely to be salivating for a chocolate halfway through the game.
In a nut shell (or sweet wrapper?) –
- Set up the table according to the rules – it’s very easy, you you shuffle the deck and lay out the cards in alternating rows of face up and face down cards.
- You get to choose a single card on your turn, or 2 or 3 if you have a special card that allows you to do that, from those cards that are accessible on the table.
- Collect the right combination of cards over several turns in order to fulfill an order. Sets are similar to poker – 4 of a kind (numbers or colours), a flush (any colour or all of the same set), etc. And the fun part is getting bonus cards that allow you to change a number or colour in order to make up the set you were chasing.
- Sell your collection at the end of your turn for the value indicated on the player aid. You will have several turns before the end of the round.
- The round ends when the last card from the table is taken. As there are 3 rounds in a game you’ll rebuild the table twice more (once before each of the remaining two rounds) with the remaining cards.
The person with the most money at the end of the game wins 🙂
Final thoughts –
I love simple but ‘thinky’ games, and Truffle Shuffle has a great balance of both. It made me think what 7 Wonders Duel would be like if mixed with Poker 🙂