Get ready for a thrilling board game adventure that will challenge your creativity, ignite your passion, and connect you with fellow enthusiasts. The Board Game Jam: Imagine. Make. Play. 2023 is back and better than ever, brought to you by Board to be Wild, Zarnia Games & Geekery, and the Academy of Digital Arts. Join us at the ADA’s Bree Street campus on October 14th and 15th, and be part of two unforgettable days of board game innovation and fun.
A Creative Community Building Event
Imagine. Make. Play. (IMP) is more than just an event; it’s a celebration of creativity, a platform for sharing your love for board games, and a chance to learn from others. It’s open to all skill levels, whether you’ve designed a hundred games or have never tried your hand at game design before. The spirit of collaboration is at the heart of IMP, and that’s why registration is absolutely FREE. All we ask is that you bring along your tools and materials to share with fellow game enthusiasts.
What You Need to Know
Here are some quick details to ensure you’re fully prepared for the event:
- Dates & Times: The event will run from 9 am to 6 pm on October 14th and 15th.
- Address: You’ll find us on the 2nd Floor of HAK House, 186A Bree Street.
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand that you might have some burning questions, so here are some answers to the most commonly asked ones:
- Is there a theme? Absolutely! But, we’re keeping it a secret until the big day to add an extra layer of excitement.
- Do I need a team? You have options. You can bring your own team, join a team on the spot, or even go solo if that’s your preference.
- What if I don’t want to make anything? No worries, we welcome playtesters and cheerleaders, especially on Sunday. Your enthusiasm and support are invaluable.
- Are there judges? Nope, it’s all about peer voting. Your opinion counts, and you have a say in the awards.
- Are there awards? Absolutely! We’ll announce the categories on the day, so stay tuned for some surprises.
- What to make? You have creative freedom! Your creation should have physical components and rules, but beyond that, let your imagination run wild.
- What to bring? Bring a variety of materials to inspire and experiment with. Think paper, cardboard, dice, toy figures, buttons, and so much more. The possibilities are endless!